Salam, Selamat Datang & Selamat Hari Raya 2008 :-) Part 1

28th of Ramadhan

Finally....my first entry!!! my first attempt at blogging....took a long time to start the entry...not quite sure what to write though I do have plan on bits and pieces that I want my blog to have...recipes from my mother - I want to document it so my nieces, nephews, their children and grandchildren n future generations can enjoy. Maybe some sort of write up on restaurants and eateries I frequented and maybe some bits and pieces on my holiday and places that I visited..anyway...here it goes....

Just got back from 6D/5N raya break...reached kampung on 28/9/08, 28th day of ramadhan...didn't shop for anything in KL (for some reason, this year's raya lack something...just don't feel the excitement which I normally enjoyed; I guess the current economic situation contributed to the 'feeling' and dampen my festive mood).

Anyway back to my ramadhan/raya story. As per previous years, I always car pooled with my 2 sisters and my youngest sis's cat for our annual balik kampung trip but this year we have additional passenger.....my adorable nephew...

The journey KL-Kedah-KL was more enjoyable with his presence.....

On the way to kampung thought of stopping by at Tesco Sg Petani for a spot of grocery shopping but we missed the exit n ended up at Sg Petani (U) exit n we saw big Giant supermarket signboard, followed the signboard n it seems after quite a distance we didn't see any possibility of finding the supermarket, so decided to turn back.....we missed Parkson too...been away too long n just couldn't get the right bearing....

Anyway, I guess it was pakcik's day (vegetable seller in Jeniang pasar ramadhan), we stopped in Jeniang to buy vegetables from this pakcik...a really trusting guy...he said he's ill and he couldn't count......so whatever we bought he asked us to calculate the amount and pay him!!! Thank God we were amongst his honest customers....

Here's some pic I snapped for our buka puasa that day - 28th day of fasting.....



The menu:
Starter - fresh dates n kuih (Serabai, pulut udang, apam, bengkang, kuih cara) - from my kampung's pasar ramadhan;
Mee Rebus Kedah - my mom n dad cooked the dish for us!!! Yummy...
Nasi Kerabu Kedah - my dad bought from pasar ramadhan together with the kuih;
Laksam - my bro bought in pasar ramadhan in Pendang town - very good...
Roast chicken - from Pendang too;
Roti bom - left over from my 4 yr old nephew's lunch (my bro's youngest son)
Dessert - red and yellow watermelon from Jeniang

Not bad huh... considering the diners were 8 adults and a 4yr old.....the 18mths boy...only drinks milk...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...