Homeplus Subway Virtual Store

Let me introduce you about homeplus. Homeplus is a South Korean/British discount retail chain jointly owned by Samsung and Tesco. It operates hypermarkets and also home delivery shopping service. Though it is the second largest retailer in South Korea after Shinsegae Group, homeplus is my favourite place to do grocery shopping because it is very convenient, cheap, and close to my house. I registered a free homeplus membership and got a lot of discounts from it.


I usually go to there twice a month to buy some foods, vegetables, drinks, and others. Few days ago I went there with my friend and found some machines that attracted my intention. Self-service checkout. It really amazed me! So after I got all of things that I wanted to buy, I didn't go to the ordinary checkout but I went to the new self-service checkout. Haha.. That was kinda new things in homeplus so many people tried those machines and still the store clerk helped and taught them how to use those. Very interesting! You just need to scan the barcode of products and the machine will automaticaly recognize the product. After you finish scanning, choose what kind of payment you want to use, and bring your shopping things home. At that time, I paid it by debit card. The store clerk helped me to insert the card into the slot provided. I was wondering how if I want to pay by cash and I found that there is a slot for inserting your money, just like in the vending machine. Wow! I was amazed. It is so easy and fast. I love it!

photo courtesy of travel-avenue.com
Just a moment ago, I found this video from my friend's facebook.



Korea.. I don't know what more to say.. you are just sooo hi-tech..!
This is what I imagined some years ago.. and now I see it directly, It really exists and I can't believe that I am living in this hi-tech country. Alhamdulillah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...